Speed up your QA processes
Changes to assets need to be reflected in your as-built documentation. Content Server offers functionality to cross reference documents to eachother and initiate change workflows to control work in progress. But which documents are affected by a change?
Where OpenText stops with metadata and referencing at document-level, Viewport has the ability to cross-reference numbers and tags inside a document/drawing to the exact location inside other documents where the same number or tag appears.
Powered by Viewport, your QA and QC staff can immediately list all content affected by a change. There’s no need anymore to manually cross reference items.
Sharing knowledge while safeguarding intellectual capital
Typically during maintenance a lot of people need access to technical asset documentation. How do you inform your maintenance crew, usually doubled with temporary staff, without handing over source documentation such as DWG files?
Viewport converts any source file to PDF files highlighting and hyperlinking tags in the resulting document. Authorise your maintenance crew to these smart and hyperlinked documents stored in Content Server while preventing them from downloading source documents.
Viewport adds the following features to OpenText Content Server:
- turns Content Server into an asset dashboard showing content outside of Content Server, such as temporary file shares or maintenance systems such as Ultimo or Maximo
- automatic extraction of metadata from any content item, such as DWG’s, Office documents and P&ID’s
- automatic generation of cross references between items as if manually applied
- highlights tags in the document
- adds hyperlinks to tags that enable you to quickly view asset information and all related documents that mention this tag or asset